The Yukon NVRS Titanium 1.5×42 Night Vision Riflescope’s main claim to fame is the fact that it’s a night vision scope. It doesn’t only allow you to scope out game; it can also enable you to do so with the cover of the night. They can’t see you, but you can see them. More and more long range and short range riflescopes are being made as we speak. The numbers are just going up, and it’s all because more and more people want to indulge in the sport of hunting.
When you read the reviews for these scopes, you can quickly get a good idea of how a specific device might perform for your designated gun. The Yukon NVRS Titanium 1.5×42 Night Vision Riflescope is one of the best in the business because of its many high quality specs.
Here are the benefits you can get out of theYukon NVRS Titanium 1.5×42 Night Vision Riflescope.
- Excellent Hunting Tool: This tool is quite effective when it comes to hunting big and small prey alike. That’s because it’s a small, compact, and lightweight kind of night vision riflescope that allows you to take out various varmints at a cost-effective price. It’s quite satisfying blowing the figurative socks off of the myriad of animals out there at an effective distance even during night, when most of these creatures tend to come out.
- Good Lens Diameter, Function, and Cover: First off, theYukon NVRS Titanium 1.5×42 Night Vision Riflescope has a 42 millimeter diameter on its objective lens, which gives you a good balance in terms of mounting height and weight as well as light-gathering capabilities (which used to be monopolized by certain other popular scope brands). The glass is further protected by a flip-up cover while the carrying case does the same thing for the whole scope.
- MIL-STD-1913 Rail Mount System: The rail mount system of the Yukon NVRS has been built to be as ergonomic as possible, which ensures easy handling and mounting. To be more specific, mounting the scope into your firearm as well as removing it afterwards shouldn’t be much of a hassle at all, even if you’re a beginner hunter or gun owner. It accommodates a wide rifle range, which even includes bolt-action rifles.
- Remote Control: The scope also comes with a remote control to switch it on or off. It can be kept close at hand or mounted onto the firearm’s stock if you so wish. The adjustments and controls for it and the scope itself are easily accessible even when you have gloves on because of how they were made. You will definitely be able to save more battery power this way as well.
- Requires Commonly Used Batteries: Speaking of battery power, the scope only requires 2 AA batteries in order to work. AA batteries are available all over many localities. Just go to a grocery, mini-mall, mall, or shop, and you’ll get to buy them. These batteries can last as long with your remote control as with your scope (up to 50 hours of intermittent usage and 30 hours of nonstop usage). The battery hatch is screwed shut, so no need to worry about losing them.
The Yukon NVRS Titanium 1.5×42 Night Vision Riflescope has quite a lot going for it. It’s one of the most rugged scopes out there, for one thing. For another thing, it’s compatible with digital cameras, such that whether you want to shoot wildlife with photography or hunting gear, it’s all possible. There’s a digital camera accessory available with the tool that adds a nice touch to your pictures since it’s a night vision scope as well.
The Yukon NVRS even comes with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty. It has good range from infinity to seven yards, plus the IR Illuminator reaches all the way to 100 yards. As for detection distance, it’s up to 200 yards. With recognition range, it’s effective between 75 and 100 yards.
The Yukon NVRS Titanium 1.5×42 Night Vision Riflescope has its share of cons as well, the most glaring of which is its battery usage and its 30-hour lifespan with continuous usage (a little more than a day, to be exact). The fact that it has a separate remote control can make it rather unwieldy, but it exists because it doesn’t have automatic shutdown when in use.
Long story short, the Yukon NVRS Titanium is a good buy for certain specific purposes, but there are other, better scopes out there for people with more money or want better range. It does trump many scopes in terms of its night vision features, but then again, it’s not the best night vision scope out there either.
If you want a great tool to add to your arsenal that actually makes you a deadlier hunter and a more effective and accurate marksman, then the Yukon NVRS Titanium 1.5×42 Night Vision Riflescope is definitely for you. It offers great quality for its price of $389.99 (List Price: $479.99) on Amazon.com.
The Varmint Hunter might not exactly be a big game scope (or a game changer for that matter), but it offers plenty of quality on its own, but only if you have money to spare, because even with its discounted price, it still amounts to about $400 more or less. In a nutshell, it’s best used for short-range night shooting. Overall our Yukon NVRS Titanium 1.5×42 Review is rated 4.4 out of 5 stars.