If you are in need of a riflescope that will let you pursue any target with the best visibility and accuracy no matter how challenging the situation, the Millett Illuminated Tactical Riflescope would be a good option. It is a well-known model among serious enthusiasts who prefer to take on hard shooting missions and hunting games. If you think you are built for skilled tactical shooting, see if this riflescope matches your needs.
The Millett 4-16 × 50mm Illuminated Tactical Riflescope is a good example of a product designed only to give the best results without compromises. You can expect quality and functionality at its highest limit. In order to handle an advanced riflescope such as this, you need a lot of actual handling experience and knowledge on controls. However, it doesn’t mean that it is hard to use or operate. You just simply have to be skilled enough to bring out its highest potential.
The scope is designed according to standard measurements but it is best for AR 15, AR 10 and any AR platforms. For specific recommendations, you can have the Springfield M1A, the 0.222Rem Anschutz target rifle or the 0.22LR Anschutz version.
- High-Focus Range
The advanced technology applied during the creation of this model allows for a higher range focus. You can zoom in on any target from a mere 15-yard distance to infinity. This set-up is definitely meant for long range shooting sprees.
This feature is a measure to counter the effects of low visibility surroundings and target focusing in wide spaces. The adjustable green illumination gives you full control of the brightness you need to get a clear view of the pinpointed area. The thin line and dot is installed for the same purpose as well.
Long range targets require a lot of zooming in. The more you enlarge your view, the harder it is to keep a steady look. You will need to zoom out to locate it again or look side to side aimlessly until you find it within such a wide area. This takes a lot of time and energy so the custom focus feature is really helpful.
- Multi-colored Optics with 3.5” Eye Relief
The longer you look into the riflescope, the greater the pressure you put in your eyesight. After a while, you will slowly notice the strain it causes. The Millett 4-16 × 50mm Illuminated Tactical Riflescope provides a 3.5-inch eye relief to prevent as much strain as you would normally get from ordinary rifles.
The multi-coated lens on the other hand is responsible for maintaining a crisp and clear image of the target. Paired with the lens illumination, a vivid image of wherever you focus on is ensured.
- Comes with a 50mm Objective Lens with 4-16x Magnification
A normal middle aged person can dilate his eyes up to 7mm in total darkness and about 2mm in bright settings. If you consider this model’s specifications, a 50mm objective lens paired with a 5x magnification will give you a 10mm exit pupil.
The exit pupil is calculated by dividing the diameter of the lens by the zoom level. As per the example above, the power of the riflescope utilizes your eyes’ capabilities within the acceptable limits. This allows you to avoid eye strain and maintain clear vision.
To give you a comparison between the Millett Illuminated Tactical Riflescope’s good and bad sides, I’ve listed down a summary of the things you might find helpful.
- Guaranteed clear target images no matter the weather or brightness
- Easy to navigate due to its ergonomic handles and custom knobs
- All controls are easy to turn and operate
- Green illumination for dark settings with adjustable controls provides flexible brightness
- Lightweight and compact thus taking less space in your weapon luggage
- The design allows a fog proof lens and a waterproof body
- The riflescope is bulletproof allowing maximum security against enemies
- All its advanced features make it suitable for serious hunters and those who participate in competitive shooting games
- As a high-grade design, it can also be used for Law Enforcement and Military purposes.
- The Millett 4-16 × 50mm Illuminated Tactical Riflescope is a very advanced model which makes it hard for beginners to handle immediately
- Proper use of the zoom and reticle controls require experience in order to determine the right adjustments to make sure that the image remains crisp
- The tube protecting the lenses may obscure target viewing from the sides so you’ll need to move the entire rifle when there is target movement
- From the target’s perspective, the lenses can be visible when light hits them. It is not suitable for stealth operations considering this. However, its magnification power is a definite plus for long range shooting.
- It is expensive compared to most riflescopes in the market today
Based on customer reviews from online shopping sites like Amazon, the most coveted features in the model are the illuminated crosshairs and durability. The crosshairs are used for precise target focus and the illumination helps in keeping the view as clear as possible even if the surroundings get darker. For long-term shootouts based in low visibility surroundings like forests and mountains, a durable weapon is highly necessary. You will never know when an enemy starts firing at you. With a bulletproof riflescope, you can continue to focus on your target even after taking hits. The shockproof feature also ensures that its performance will never be below standard despite rough handling.
If you are willing to pay the price for a good performance rifle, the Millett 4-16 × 50mm Illuminated Tactical Riflescope is the choice to go. You need heavy duty equipment in order to survive harsh shooting situations and excel in competitive games. Its durability and high spec functions promises the best as long as you give it the right maintenance and frequent check-ups. The scope is definitely worth the money you spend. Overall our Millett 4-16×50 Review is rated 4.4 out of 5 stars.