There are several shooting enthusiasts that say the Winchester Magnum is a total disaster on the budget and finding the best scope for 300 win mag will also mean higher price brackets or about 500 dollars or even more.
It might have a point because the 300 winchester Magnum sniper rifle is actually known for its great fire power and top performance in the big games. Some professional shooters would not really want to waste this by choosing the mediocre ones.
There are several reviews though hat can definitely help a shooter decide on the best one. If you are hunting on a long range and with an oversize tubes and not the standard 1 inch only, the 1 inch would actually be preferable with a 50 millimeter front lens providing a first rate light gathering abilities and giving you crystal clear images as well in situations where there is low light.
Lighting and is very crucial when you are out on a hunt especially at dawn or during dusk while most target animals are on the move and they usually go in large numbers. You would also want to have wide fields for following a gift moving game. You will be needing zoom lenses as well. You can have the 4 or the 4.5 x at the most, where it is relatively more effective especially in a 100 yard. Find a range of up to 12 times to 16 times magnification to sustain you through a 400 to 600 yard length.
These are the other basic requirements in choosing the best scope for 300 win mag which are actually all vital for your safety and the well being as well.
Top 3 Best 300 Win Mag Scopes
This one operates entirely battery free, that eliminates the likelihood of breakdown while in the middle of hunting in a big game. It would cost you about 800 US dollars, which is relatively expensive considering that a Zeiss has relatively the same magnification capacity and diameter lens. This though is definitely a Trijicon, so you are relatively assured of real quality optics and with a superb quality as well. It is covered with a lifetime of warranty which makes it very reassuring. Specs rundown include:
- The objective lens diameter at around 40 millimeter objective lens in diametre; it also has a 1 inch diameter tube.
- Exit pupils at 13.3 to 4.4 millimeter exit pupil. It also has an FOV of about 33.8 to 11.3 ft.
- Illumination use is fiber optics and Trituim illumination.
- Also has mil dot crosshair reticle pattern.
- 1/4 MOA per click that is 12.2 inches in length.
- Very light at 13.4 ounces with an exterior that is not reflective and dull.
- Magnification 3-9 times
- Eye relief is at 3.6 to 3.2 inch
The price of this scope increases when the magnification also increase. This device proves that you would not really have to spend more for a superior scope. The scope is but sturdy enough to survive the harshest weather while being so capable of taking a long range shot with amazing accuracy. Here are the specs:
- Has the capability of providing an easy and quick focus parallax adjustments for that easy setting.
- It has a solid one piece 30mm main tube
- A good enough 5.3 to 3.7 inch eye relief for recoils.
- Pretty long 50 mm diameter in lens.
- It also has a wide enough FOV of about 11.3 to 4.4 ft in 100 yards.
- Easy to manage Click tactile adjustments
- Great non illuminated Mil dot reticle
- It also has a very fine tuning and Easy Windage
- It also has a pinpoint accuracy starting from 75 to 1500 years.
- Great 1/4 MOA audible graduations
This is also priced at around 1500 US dollars, the cost would be worth all that iffy are looking for a pin point perfection for your Win magnum.
This is actually a world renowned maker of optics used for sports in over a century already. This is also packed with durability and reliability as well. This is a one piece tube with a full 4 inch eye relief which is designed to hold up punishing recoils and harsh environments as well.
The best part about this scope as well is the fact that you will get to enjoy your money’s worth with the Conquests limited manufacturer warranty in its optical components which is lifetime, 5 years on its electronics and 2 years for the camera components while 1 year for the carrying straps, lens cap and other accessories. Other features include:
- Great 3-9 times magnification
- It also has a rapid Z reticle with a large adjustment ranges perfect for long distance shots
- Perfect exit pupils at around 13.3 to 4.4 millimeter. This will prevent fogging in wet or other humid weather. It is a parallax free at 1000 years.
- A 40 millimetre lens diameter that offer a superb lighting transmission.
- It also has a 33.9 to 11 ft view of the field at around 100 yards.
If you are looking for the best scope for 300 win mag one eye catching device or instrument when it comes to performance is the Trijicon’s accupoint. It does look more like a working horse that can actually the abuse done to a Win magnum 300. While the Leupold scope has a spot on combination of specs, one of which is the 50 millimeter lens, it also has a high power of up to 25 times with an oversized tube at around 30 millimetre.
If cost is not an issue to you, and you would want a spot on perfection a 500 dollar difference is not going to hinder you from taking the Leupold. If it does matter to you, the Accupoint now is actually a greater buy if ever you just would want to settle with it.